BGR – MWI – Activities
The overall aim of our project is to improve the protection of Jordan’s water resources. To achieve this aim we address to decision makers as well as to the local stakeholders of the concerned population.
We focus on the following main activities:
- Implementation of water protection zones on the level of decision makers and on the level of local stakeholders.
- Support for the development and distribution of the Water Resources Protection guideline.
- Introduction of water protection zones in the Land-use maps of relevant ministries and also in their regular planning procedures.
- Provide knowledge and training on water protection on household levels in cooperation with JOHUD and the GTZ Water Wise Women Initiative.
- Control the protection areas with support from the Environmental Rangers.
- Support for the National Water Master Plan.
- Reach out to the population of Jordan via awareness campaigns.